Tweet I have been tagged! Yes, it's an electronic tag, but not in a Lindsay Lohan way. It's a virtual tag, and Jen Brubacher got me. I get to answer eight questions and tag five other bloggers. Will it be you?!
1. If you could have any superpower, what would you have? Why?Teleportation. Like Nightcrawler, only not blue. Or Dr Manhattan, only not blue. Hey, wait a minute... No seriously, I would. I'd never have to use public transport, and visiting people would be so much easier. It would solve a LOT of problems for me!
2. Who is your style icon?
I don't have one. I don't emulate anyone's clothing style, and I have favoured authors but I don't seek to emulate their styles either. I can name people who I think are A style icon, but not for me.
3. What is your favourite quote?
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx
4. What is the best compliment you’ve ever received?
Probably when a guy who'd read one of my stories on Everyday Weirdness emailed me to say how much he'd liked it, and that my style reminded him of Neil Gaiman and Ray Bradbury. That, or that one of my male gay friends told me I'm the only girl whose Facebook photos he'll look through because he loves my style.
5. What playlist/CD is in your CD player/iPod right now?
Nothing. I'm doing this at work, so no music. My mental DJ, however, has chosen to play Huey Lewis & The News all morning.
6. Are you a night owl or a morning person?
Morning, very much so. I often stay up late at night but I'm far more productive between 8am and 1pm. Once it gets to 4pm, it all starts to go downhill.
7. Do you prefer dogs or cats?
I like things about both of them but I have a natural affinity with cats, so I'll say them.
8. What is the meaning behind your blog name?
Icy's Blunt Pencil? It's actually a crude reference to the mathematician who is having issues with constipation and choose to approach it the same way he does his equations - by working it out with a pencil. I've also been writing for around twenty years and a lot of my first efforts were done in pencil. It's a tool of the trade, and it being blunt rather than sharp is to signify how much use it gets. Blah blah blah.
TAG! You're it.